Who is it produced by?
Tableau Desktop is produced by Tableau Software, an American interactive data visualization software company that was bought by the CRM software company Salesforce in 2019.
Tableau products query relational databases, online analytical processing cubes, cloud databases, and spreadsheets to generate graph-type data visualizations. The products can also extract, store, and retrieve data from an in-memory data engine.
Available in cloud and on-premise
- Set up and manage data sources
- Build charts and analyse data
- Create Dashboards
- Dashboard Starters for Cloud-based Data
- Create Dashboard Layouts for Different Devices
- Build Accessible Dashboards
- Format worksheets and workbooks
- Optimize Workbook Performance
- Know Your Data at the Database Level
- Test Your Data and Use Extracts
- Create Efficient Joins and Blends
- Design for Performance While You Build a View
- Filter Your Data Carefully
- Create Efficient Calculations
- Make Visualizations Faster
- Record and Analyse Workbook Performance
- Export Data
- Publish Data Sources and Workbooks
Based on customer/community feedback, regular updates are available for the tool, updates that include not only bug fixes, but also functionality enhancements.